Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beginning of the End

I decided to finish up my work in Lima and go back home for a few reasons-- mostly because we had planned to go to Spain in the summer to visit my Abuela Inés and I had proposed to Raul (over the phone) and would have to move back to The States.
Murals were at their peak productivity when I heard that my grandmother had taken a fall. I'll be leaving directly from Lima to Madrid, and have just a few days to wrap up the first stage of the project and leave it in capable hands, move out of my apartment, say goodbyes, feel nostalgic at typical things and just soak in the rest of my experience here. A journey coming to a close.

El Decertor does what has been the most monumental of interventions, and the first that I coordinated to use a crane. This 6th block of Jirón Ancash is seen from the very busy Avenida Abancay, and is home to the Escuela Nacional Superior Autónoma de Bellas Artes del Perú. Because of Barrios Altos' rich tradition of criollo and AfroPeruvian music, we decided on a cajón, a typical percussion instrument, to start the beat of murals up the street.

Spectators.

More spectators.

Back at the office, Mari Lu and Katharina having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment