Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chipping Façades and Automobiles

Even after a few visits, I find myself photographing the same things any new tourist in Cuba would: beautiful, yet decaying, façades, and old cars. Cliché as it may be, my eyes are still drawn to them!


 The view from an Italian bus.



 New friend, dedicated to Emilio.


 There's something so powerful in what is vague.


 Romeo & Julieta.


 I just love how Cuban men, and women, pose at the bus stop.

American.

Polish.

Cuban?


More gesture.

These two, above and below, were taken by Raul. I wondered why everyone was wearing red today. Raul suggested that it's just a common, communist, color, but it turns out the Matanzas Cocodrilos were playing ball that night.




Waiting for something.

 More multi-colored façades.




 Finally, some fresh coconut water!



 Beautiful.


 Strong and sweet!


 Do you see what I see?





Watch out for this kid!


 Had to laugh at this one!

 "Careful: There's a dog and it bites".

 A view of some of Matanzas' short, square architecture.

 Oswaldo shows us the view from, and interior of, the Hotel Paris.

 This is where the beauty ends and the reality begins.

 Couples and such.


 Looks like a set!

Who, me?

No comments:

Post a Comment