Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On Journeys

 
Here I am, back at Daniel's house, back into the grey of Lima's winter. After my second trip to Cuba, I no longer feel like I'm on an adventure, backpacking around free as a bird. Raul and my serendipitous connection became more real, and our commitment to one another had us asking the hardest question-- Now what? How can we possibly be together? In Lima, I'm starting an art and urbanism project with the municipality and forsee staying for the next few months, at least.
"Life is a journey," some people say, and cliché as it might sound, it's true. Although I'm still in a foreign country, there's no longer the fresh feeling of a new place every couple of days, with new friends and food and sights. When everything around you is foreign, you have no choice but to be ultra-present. But the challenge is staying in the moment when everything seems the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment